Saturday, August 19, 2006

US: California - I Do!

So I've neglected by blog for 4 months...but for good reason. Lance and I had our wedding ceremony on August 19, 2006 in Calfornia! It was held at a beautiful winery, with perfect weather, and the love of family and friends.

I spent a year planning the wedding, most of it from Japan. (*FYI - a wedding coordinator is a must if you are doing a long distance wedding, or if you don't want to kill yourself) Here is our wedding website: http://www.erinandlance.weddingwindow.com/ -what I threw myself into, and so neglected this site.

I know what you're thinking - hey weren't we already married? duh. We were already engaged and had a civil ceremony before moving to Japan. So this was our "traditional" ceremony with friends and family. It was even more special since we hadn't seen anyone in a year since we left the country.

We arrived a week before the wedding to do some fun things, as well as last minute wedding details. This included wine tasing in Sonoma Valley,going to Six Flags, running around getting "beauty stuff" done (Girls, you know what that entails), and taking care of wedding stuff like making favors and guest hotel boxes. We also go to see dentists and doctors while we are in the U.S. because it's so damn hard to find ones we can communicate with here. Needless to say it was a busy week, but completely paid off.

And just as important, we eat tons of food when we are in the U.S. My tfavorite places to go: Target, Costco, Taco Bell, Fuddruckers, Arby's, In-and-Out Burger, and Publix.

It was overwhelming and unbelievable that so many of our friends and family traveled just for us. We enjoyed the day immensely. Everything was very special and I will never forget it. One of my favorite highlights was seeing both our parents dancing. They were happy and enjoying themselves. I have never seen my Dad dance. So now I"m going to post it on my blog and show the world:

P.S. We have decided to go to Australia for our honeymoon in December - January, over New Year's. Stay tuned for blogs on Sydney, Adelaide and the Gold Coast of Australia!!!!